Tracy faces tough battle in Underwood StakesPosted on 18/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listStar mare Typhoon Tracy has a tough task on her hands to win the Underwood Stakes on Saturday after a less-than-favourable barrier 16 draw.
Horse racing betting markets have been busy ahead of the 1600m race, which could decide the fate of several big names as they head to crucial points in the season.
Typhoon Tracy trainer Peter Moody is among a number of trainers who will use tomorrow's event at Caulfield to judge whether or not their charges head for bigger challenges.
Tomorrow is the first time Typhoon Tracy has attempted anything further than 1600m and the result could decide whether or not she has a crack at the Cox Plate.
Quoted by The Age, Moody said: "'We will consider riding her back but we will have a good look at the race and sort through things.
''We don't want to drop her back if they are going to present it to a frontrunner, where we could have been.''
He added there would be other options for Tracy if she didn't make the grade on Saturday.
Betting late on Friday saw Whobegotyou as the clear favourite with IASbet on 2.50, down from 2.60 earlier in the week.
Typhoon Tracy is on 8.00 along with Heart of Dreams, while Vigor stands at 7.00, up from 6.00.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)