Trials provide two possible early horse racing tips for FlemingtonPosted on 29/07 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listSaturday's listed 1,200m Aurie's Star Stakes will mean double the fun for one trainer after two of his horses shone in trials at Cranbourne on Monday.
Racenet.com.au reported Mic Mac and Majestical, both trained by Greg Eurell, were looking good with the latter hanging back to good effect late on.
Both could be an interesting bet for Flemington at the weekend, with Damien Oliver set to ride Mic Mac, who is the son of Statue of Liberty.
Quoted by Racenet.com.au Oliver said: "I never went for him at any stage, he felt terrific.
"He's come back in well and on his trial will be hard to beat on Saturday."
And Majestical could make an appearance at the Caulfield Cup after Eurell was impressed with the gelding's first few months under his wing.
He said: "I thought his trial was excellent today.
"I'm still learning about him and from what I have seen of him, he could be a chance in a race like the Caulfield Cup."
Other highlights at the Melbourne venue on Saturday include the 2,500m Mitchell and Smith handicap.
Flemington itself is already gearing up for the Melbourne Cup Carnival, starting on October 31 with a preview even appearing as early as October 3.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)