Trio of top racesPosted on 05/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listHow fortunate will Lucky Luna be in Brisbane?
Pundits have picked up on the black type racing in three states this Saturday, and have laid down some early tips for what could be a trio of top-class betting races.
BetFair's Kristen Manning cast an eye over the Tattersall Mile Handicap over 1,600m in Brisbane, and ended up plumping for Lucky Luna who "handles any sort of track condition and should again prove hard to toss".
Also due to attract attention is Crossthestart who has won his last two in a row and is gunning for a hat trick tomorrow. Manning says a drop in distance could be a problem but a plus is a 4kg weight drop.
Over in Sydney the eye-catcher is the Winter Stakes, an open-ager over 1500m, and punters could have their work cut out thanks to a solid field all round. However, Hussta la Vista gets a bit of a nod to at least do well.
Manning finally turns her attention to a small field of eight at the Sir John Monash Stakes, Caulfield.
I Am Invincible is labelled as the one to beat for this one, but Mind Your Head could prove a decent safety net bet depending on the odds.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)