Two more Melbourne cup hopefuls start build-upsPosted on 08/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listTwo more horses are soon to begin their spring campaigns as part of a programme to build them up to the Melbourne Cup.
C'est La Guerre and Efficient, both owned by Lloyd Williams, will appear from the end of this month to the start of September.
C'est La Guerre was third in last year's Melbourne Cup, but Efficient missed out thanks to injury.
Racing and Sports reports both are looking good already, with Efficient set for a decent number of run-outs to make up for the injury lay-off.
Quoted by the site, Nick Williams, son of Lloyd, said: "He's in terrific shape. He's a big strong horse and touch wood you'll see the best of him this year."
Of C'est La Guerre, Williams junior added: "He's a lightly framed horse and a bit more brilliant than Efficient but we know the horse a lot better now. He'll have a similar campaign to Efficient."
Melbourne Cup betting is already open with a number of bookmakers and both horses are already faring well.
Early odds see C'est La Guerre at 28.0 and Efficient at 27.0, both with Betfair.
Profound Beauty is the early 14.00 favourite for the November 3 race, with Rebel Raider second favourite at 22.00 with the same bookmaker.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)