UK Bookmakers latest 2009 Melbourne Cup oddsPosted on 17/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing list(test) UK online betting agencies release Melbourne Cup odds..Changingoftheguard is now the early favourite.
William Hill, Paddy Power, Stan James and Blue Square are now offering the latest odds on this year's Melbourne Cup, all bookmakers go 12/1 the field for Australia's biggest race. Changingoftheguard has been backed into 12/1 favourite with William Hill in the last couple of hours after a close second in the Ebor Handicap at York.
Aiden O'Brien trained Changingoftheguard was just pipped by the 25/1 outsider, Sesenta.
Sportinglife.com report that O'Brien was unsure about the forthcoming plans. "He ran a great race, we will see where we go now, he'll have plenty of options. He is a young horse and it was a great experience for him," said O'Brien.
Ladbrokes responded by cutting the price of Changingoftheguard to 6/1 for the St Leger, the last remaining uk classic race of 2009.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)