Underwood winner can keep dreaming of the Cox PlatePosted on 21/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listHeart of Dreams could attract extra Cox Plate betting attention after he overturned current Plate favourite Whobegotyou in the Underwood Stakes on Saturday.
The Mick Price-trained horse is now at 11.00 with Centrebet to take the 2040m Plate next month after building and holding onto the lead at Caulfield.
In doing so Heart of Dreams also finished ahead of the likes of Predatory Pricer and star mare Typhoon Tracy.
Heart of Dreams could well have ended up out of the Cox Plate running without a strong showing on Saturday, and had looked short of his best in two previous starts.
But Price said: "It means we'll forward to the Yalumba and then the Cox Plate.
"He had a nice run, he settled well. We'll test him over the 2000 in the Yalumba and see where we go."
Typhoon Tracy set the early pace on Saturday before Heart of Dreams emerged and held off Whobegotyou by around half a length.
Betting for the Cox Plate now has Whobegotyou as favourite on 4.00, followed by Trusting, Maldivian and Predatory Pricer, all on 9.00 with Centrebet.
El Segundo and Black Piranha join Heart of Dreams on 11.00 for the Moonee Valley head liner.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)