Zarita could charm horse racing punters again in the Stocks StakesPosted on 11/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listA dual group 1 winner could kick off a glittering spring campaign tomorrow when she aims to improve on a third place in the recent Memsie Stakes.
Zarita is appearing in the 1200m $200,000 Stocks Stakes at Moonee Valley having caught the eye with a strong finish in the 1400m Memsie at Caulfield.
In her last start only superstars Mic Mac and Whobegotyou were ahead of her in a close finish.
The horse racing betting market at IASbet has Zarita as the favourite for the race on 3.20, having dropped from 3.40.
She is followed by Cats Whisker on 4.50 and Miss Maren on 7.50 with the same bookmaker.
Zarita's biggest victory was in the 2007 South Australia Derby, but since then her form has been patchy.
However, trainer Pat Hyland believes she is ready for another good Spring campaign and can put the recent shaky spells behind her.
Quoted by The Age, Hyland said: "'It was a terrific run at Caulfield (in the Memsie) she's done very well since, she's switched on but I'm hoping that Saturday will be a victory not only to build her profile for stud but also to show that she's still very much a player in the majors this year."
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)