MMA: UFC – The Pick of the Fights, Odds and Betting for 18th August 2013Posted on 15/08 by R Van Mesman
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listOdds and Betting tips: UFC 18th August – The Pick of the Fights
(Subject to fluctuation)
Click on the odds below to start betting now.
|Exclusive offer! Get an instant $250 FREE BET on UFC Bouts at Sportsbet.com.au. Just follow these easy steps:|
1. Join online at Sportsbet.com.au
2. Place your bet
3. Get your $250 free bet!
UFC-MMA Sunday August 18th 2013: The odds and our tips
v head to head odds
This is a tight one to call, with Sonnen the bookies’ favourite, but not by all that much. These are a couple of quality fighters with plenty to motivate them beyond this match-up, and plenty to prove, as well. There’s a few tempting bets on offer, here, too (as well as a really entertaining fight, we reckon) – have a look at Sonnen by either KO or submission at $5.40, or pick a round that this one will finish in. The first will give you odds of $5.05, and you’ll get $6.00 for the second, where the fifth is a long $18.50. Expect fireworks early on, say the bookies!
v head to head odds
These are two bruising fighters with no shortage of motivation to get them going for this bout. Overeem is back from an enforced absence, and will be understandably be both eager to make a statement, and a little ring-rusty. Browne, on the other hand, is coming off the back of a KO victory over Gonzaga, and has some momentum building behind him. Look out for a cheeky bet at $1.45 for it to be a KO that ends it, or go the other way, and back the fight going the full distance at $3.50. What we won’t be betting on is a submission win to Browne, which is at $30.00 for a reason...
Conor McGregor v Max Holloway head to head odds
Conor McGregor is the UFC’s most hyped fighter, and not all that shy about getting involved in the promotion himself (to say the least). But he faces a potential slip-up here, in the form of emerging talent Max Holloway. Holloway has plenty of ways to ruin McGregor’s night and upset his ambitions, and this will certainly be a good one to watch, if only for the frantic build-up and all the hype. In terms of betting, take a look at McGregor to win it by KO at $2.03, or for it to be a KO that ends it either way at $1.78. W might be tempted by a bet on Holloway to take it the distance and steal it on points, though, at $4.00...
- MMA: UFC 18th August, Overeem v Browne Odds and Betting
- MMA: UFC 18th August Headline Fight Odds and Betting
Do you want to place a bet on UFC 18th August?
Return to UFC MMA home.
Latest UFC MMA news
- MMA: UFC Fight Night, 9th March, Gustafsson v Manuwa Odds and Betting
- MMA: UFC 170, 23rd February, Pyle v Waldburger Odds and Betting
- MMA: UFC 170, 23rd February, MacDonald v Maia Odds and Betting
- MMA: UFC 170, 23rd February, Cormier v Cummins Odds and Betting
- MMA: UFC 170, 23rd February, Rousey v McMann Odds and Betting
- MMA: UFC Fight Night, 16th February, Silva v Sato Odds and Betting
- MMA: UFC Fight Night, 16th February, Musoke v Andrade Odds and Betting
- MMA: UFC Fight Night, 16th February, Souza v Carmont Odds and Betting
All news archives (all sports)
- - January