Chelsea are currently sitting at the top of the Premier League with a five-point lead over their nearest rivals.Posted on 05/12 by
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listSo far this season, they have only lost two matches, which makes this the most impressive record in the division, especially when one considers that they have also only conceded eight goals in their first 14 fixtures.
When previous manager José Mourinho guided the side to its many glories under his stewardship in 2005, they lost only once in 38 matches, and let only 15 goals past them. However, defender Ricardo Carvalho, who joined Mourinho’s team in 2004 before that stellar season, thinks that his team have a lot more to offer this time around.
Talking to PremierLeague.com, he said: “In this moment we are an improvement even form that first year here under Mourinho.” “Of course then we were compact and everyone was fighting, but now I think we have more quality in the squad maybe.
“Or at least different players, playing in a different system and style.” “We are playing well and not conceding goals, we are top, and also we (Portugal) have qualified for the World Cup, so everyone in my life is happy.”
According to sport betting experts Betfair, Chelsea are on at 1.96 to win against Manchester City on Saturday.
Latest Soccer news
- Chelsea very short EPL betting odds to beat Portsmouth
- West Ham aiming at big four side
- Liverpool must strengthen up at back, says Johnson
- Chelsea are currently sitting at the top of the Premier League with a five-point lead over their nearest rivals.
- Drogba feels Chelsea can do it
- Manchester United in decisive win against Portsmouth
- Worries about Whelan before Blackburn clash
- Manchester United due to clash with Portsmouth
All news archives (all sports)