Manchester United in decisive win against PortsmouthPosted on 02/12 by T J Dilfer
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listAvram Grant, the new manager at Portsmouth, finished his first match in
charge with a resounding defeat against Alex Fergusonís squad, losing 1-4.
The result means United are overwhelming favourites for their next match
in the EPL betting markets.
Wayne Rooney scored a hat-trick, including two high quality spot kicks,
to keep Portsmouth down in the nether regions of the Premier League at
Grant is yet to be formally recognised as manager at Portsmouth, with
the paperwork to be finalised in the coming week, but he cannot have
enjoyed the first match being such an inauspicious one.
There was some hope for him when Kevin-Prince Boateng brought in a goal
to make it 1-1. However, the champions raced away with three more goals
to make it a strong victory for Fergusonís boys. Ryan Giggs brought in the
fourth goal in the second half.
Manchester United play West Ham on the 5th December.
Betfair have odds for the match, and are calling it 1.49 for United to
win. If you are betting for the other side, Betfair also have West Ham
to win at 8.8.
Latest Soccer news
- Chelsea very short EPL betting odds to beat Portsmouth
- West Ham aiming at big four side
- Liverpool must strengthen up at back, says Johnson
- Chelsea are currently sitting at the top of the Premier League with a five-point lead over their nearest rivals.
- Drogba feels Chelsea can do it
- Manchester United in decisive win against Portsmouth
- Worries about Whelan before Blackburn clash
- Manchester United due to clash with Portsmouth
All news archives (all sports)